What is Microblading?
PhiBrows Microblading is a semi-permanent, manual technique of creating fine, crisp, seamless strokes of pigment into the skin.
- Enhancing the look of your natural eyebrows
- Increase brow definition by creating a fuller, symmetrical, thicker brow
- To cover gaps of lost hair due to injury or over-plucking
- To extend the brow
- To completely reconstruct the brows following hair loss or thinning due to alopecia or cancer treatments.
To determine the shape of the new brows, a meticulous process is followed calculating specific points on the face, incorporating the Golden Intersection (Phi 1.618) to calculate the correct brow angle and finally checked digitally to ensure ultimate symmetry and shape. Your bone structure, natural facial features and brow growth are all taken into consideration to ensure your new brows contour and compliment your face perfectly.
To create a natural, realistic brow, the hairs are drawn in various lengths and densities in the direction of the natural hair. Natural pigments of the highest standard are used which are custom blended to match the natural hair or eyebrow colour or they can be blended to darken the brows to give a richer effect.
What will my brows look like after treatment?
Immediately after treatment the brows will be 40% darker and 10-15% thicker than when they are healed-this is all part of the process. The skin’s redness causes the colour of the pigment to appear darker. When the brows heal you will see what is underneath the skin, the colour will heal softer and more muted.
There will be minimal swelling and redness, which subsides quickly, within an hour or two. The area will feel hot, like sunburn and you may have a mild headache. You may use ice on the area(s) for 10 minutes every hour. (Ice must be dry, ie in a bag wrapped in a towel).
Healing and Aftercare following Microblading
- Phi shield (skin candy) should be applied 3 times during the day, for the next 7/10 days.
- Over the next 7 days, maintain facial hygiene.
- To prevent infection do not touch pigmented areas.
- Avoid makeup/foundation and all creams on treated area (except the PhiShield ‘Skin Candy’) for 7 days post procedure or until the crusts have flaked away.
- No vigorous exercise/sweating for 1 week and no warm or wet environments (around swimming pools etc.). Sweat will prevent the pigment from healing into the skin.
- No hot showers, saunas, Jacuzzi or swimming for 7-10 days, as these will affect the treated areas.
- Remember if crusts appear on treated area DO NOT pick or peel them off. Pigment will be removed along with the crust.
- No brow or lash tinting for at least 14 days.
- For the next 30 days: No sunbathing, sunbeds, light therapies, chemical peeling, fruit acids, microdermabrasion or creams which contain regeneration factors.
- Always avoid laser treatments and IPL over the treated areas as they can destroy the pigments and cause burns.
- Use of antibiotics and hormonal therapy can lead to a faster pigment fading.
- Long Term- always protect the brows for the sun with a high SPF (not during the first 7 days)
What to expect after your treatment is completed:
Expect light to moderate swelling and redness.
As day 1. Still slightly tender to the touch.
Eyebrows begin to itch and will appear slightly thicker in texture. Exfoliation begins.
Skin begins to thicken and flake-peeling from the outside edges first.
Excess surface colour continues to flake away and may look uneven and very patchy, this is totally normal. Do not pick or pull off the flaky skin, touch gently and if it comes away by itself, great, if not leave it.
By Day 7 or 8
The brows should finish flaking. The colour will appear quite faint in places and softer overall. A second treatment will be required to deepen the colour. The colour appears very faint on day 7-13, but it does re-emerge and clarify on days 14-30.
Return to the salon for your complementary refresh appointment where we make any adjustments to the shape and/or colour and to fill any pigment that may have had poor retention.
Refresh appointments must be completed within 4-6 weeks of the initial procedure.
PhiBrows Microblading Pricing
Consultation and Patch Test
up to 180 minutes / £280.00
Phi Brows Touch Up (3 months – 11 months)
60 minutes / £80.00
PhiBrows Refresh (1 year – 18 months)
90 minutes / £180.00
A 50% deposit is required to secure the booking of your Initial or Touch up appointment, this is redeemable against the full treatment cost. This deposit is non-refundable if notice of less than 48 hours is not given to cancel or change the appointment time.